Friday 12 August 2016

My experiment with Golden Oyster Mushrooms!

I love to grow things! I don't necessarily have a green thumb but a certain tenacity when it comes to putting my mind to a new project in the garden. Now, to mushrooms.
I have had mushroom boxes for years with great success. I recently bought some mushroom boards that sadly were a failure with the boards growing mould instead of mushrooms! Mr Fothergill's sent me, as a replacement, two All-in-one growing kits of Golden Oyster Mushrooms and I'm hooked!
You simply fill the box up with water (I weighted it down as it has a habit of floating) and then left it for 24 hours. You tip out the water but keep the top of the box moist with a water bottle (I do have really good rainwater) and then I only had to wait a short time and bumps started appearing. Et voila! They were beautiful bright yellow oyster mushrooms. I simply enjoyed the whole process and am now looking for recipes to best show off my newly acquired passion! I am going to pick my first "crop" today and can already see small clusters that I hope will keep growing. They are a little costly to buy but the result is fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment